Thursday 20 December 2012

What I listened to in 2012....

I can't believe this year is nearly over- it went far too fast for my liking! BUT it has been a darn good year for music and I thought I'd share with you my highlights of what I've listened to this year- it is a pretty eclectic (or just a random) mix!

Lucy Rose
You might recognize this babe from the backing of a few Bombay Bicycle Club tracks like 'Shuffle' and 'Lights Out, Words Gone'. She has such a nice voice, her album 'Like I used to' is really good- nice background music. This song 'Bikes' sees Lucy as a hardcore biker- amazingly she pulls it off!

Jessie Ware
Another super cool chick, I first heard Jessie by chance on Spotify with '110%' and loved it. This is another belter of hers- 'Wildest Moments' If I had to sum her up I'd say she is a mix between Ellie Goulding and Lana Del Rey...I think :s

Dead Man's Bones
Despite their slightly odd band name it was a very happy day indeed when I found out earlier in the year that Ryan Gosling (yes THE Ryan Gosling the dashingly handsome man of 'The Notebook' and 'Crazy, Stupid Love') was in a band!! Ok so their last album was in 2009 and its slightly Halloween-esque type music but still its good music.

The Vaccines
These guys were definitely my favourite band of 2011 and with their second album released earlier in the year they definitely did not disappoint! Think I'll always like them and have a special place for them in any playlist.

Ben Howard
This man is a god! There isn't a mood that his songs can't suit and he is such a talented cutie too (oh no I'm sounding like a stalker fan!). Would love to see him live in 2013!


Also a band I predict BIG things for next year are the super cool sister group 'Haim' so far they have only released an EP but I've definitely liked what I've heard.


What do you think of my music highlights? I'd love to know what yours have been :)

xxx 



2 comments:

  1. Ooh thanks for sharing, will check these out! I've been listening to a bit too much christmas music lately haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check some of these out, they only one I really know is The Vaccines haha xxx

    ReplyDelete