Friday 5 October 2012

Essie: Pink Diamond



After hearing such good things about the nail polish brand Essie and it's availability increasing due to now being stocked in most Boots and Superdrugs I was slightly worried that if I bought it with such high hopes that it wouldn't live up to the hype. 

Yesterday evening there was a student shopping night in Canterbury where all students had to do was show their student card and could get a variety of discounts in shops that don't normally offer it OR they were offering more discount than normal.  With the likes of H+M, River Island and Topshop tempting students with 20% off EVERYTHING you can imagine how busy it was! As soon as I saw that Boots were offering 10% off I knew I had to go in to spend a lot of money and have a look around. After spending a very long time at the Essie stand I eventually chose 'Pink Diamond' as I was drawn to it's delicate shade and the slight shimmer it has. With most of my shades I already own being deeper pinks/reds I knew this would get used and I could team it with my Holy Grail of nail varnishes- the glittery Topshop nail varnish in 'Ice Crush' (see post here) to make it even more girly. 

I think this is the perfect shade for not wanting to have bare nails but also not wanting to be too 'out there' with a bold colour, especially if your already wearing statement colours on your outfit! 

source: here

So was I impressed or disappointed with the quality? I can gladly say this has an amazing consistency, slightly more liquidy than other brands, but not in a bad way. It's really nice to see the colour becoming stronger as you apply more layers, I found 3 was the perfect amount!

What is your favourite Essie shade? I think I'm going to have to start collecting!

3 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Good choice :)
    I love mojito madness xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love essie, this shade is so pretty and reminds me of ballet :

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! :)

    www.arabellag.com

    ReplyDelete