Thursday 12 July 2012

Stila 'In the Light' eye-shadow palette

I would say I am probably more of a clothes addict than a make-up fiend BUT since I started blogging my interest in the world of beauty has definitely increased, so much so that I actually found myself getting very excited when I saw this product- the Stila 'In the light' eye palette in the Cambridge Boots whilst I was visiting there last weekend

After wanting to buy an Urban Decay Naked palette for such a long time I could never find a store that actually sold it, so after seeing Zoe's review for this over on Zoella I decided to start looking out for this instead. If it's good enough for Zoe then it's definitely good enough for me! (psst it's £10 cheaper too!)

The shades from left to right:
Top Row: 'bare', 'kitten', 'bliss', 'sunset' and 'sandstone'
Bottom Row: 'bubbly', 'gilded gold', 'luster', 'night sky' and 'ebony'

I really like the natural-ness (is that even a word?!) of the shades, I'm definitely a less-is-more type of girl and the different looks/blending opportunities really are endless.

Also what I thought was really nice is that they include a 'smudge stick' of waterproof eyeliner so you really can achieve a full look with the palette.

This morning I tried out their 'basic beauty' look as they also supply you with a little lookbook of how to achieve 6 different looks, this one is probably the most simplistic out of them all, the picture below doesn't quite do it justice!


Overall I'm really pleased with the palette, I think I am going to get a lot of wear out it and I'm looking forward to experimenting with all the shades. Have any of you been tempted by this palette or are you always going to stick to the Urban Decay palettes?

Definitely need to get a better eye make-up brush though, has anyone got any good makes/brushes they can recommend?

15 comments:

  1. Quite interested in getting this palette, but already have some of the shades so maybe when they're a bit more used up :)
    Looks really nice on you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Ooo I definitely recommend it and hopefully they will last me a while too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your eyes look lovely! The palette has some lovely shades and the pigmentation looks like it's really good. I love eco tool brushes...they're lovely and soft!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie :) I love that some of the shades are shimmer-y whilst some are more matte and they blend really well! Thanks I shall see if I can hunt down the eco tool brushes xx

      Delete
  3. Looks very pretty, natural colours which is very up my ally! Looks lovely.
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love natural colours too! Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. I personally love nude and neutral make ups a lot and love your palette! the nude shade looks pretty nice on you too :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a versatile palette, I think I'm going to enjoy experimenting! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. I have just ordered this! Can't wait for it to arrive :) I love nude shades of the eyes :)

    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO wow hope you like it as much as I do! Nudes look so nice and really emphasise people's eyes xx

      Delete
  6. This looks so lovely! Such a good dupe of the Naked palette (which I cannot afford sobsob) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing and definitely good enough to not even seem like a dupe (if that makes sense?!) xx

      Delete
  7. I really want this, looks so gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are even better in real life :D xx

      Delete
  8. That is so much like the Naked palette, well, Naked 2 I think - and the MUA undressed (although the undressed palette is only £4, bargain!)

    Georgina
    www.makeup-pixi3.com

    ReplyDelete